Thursday, September 08, 2011

PACKING!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate packing........ I hate packing for week long trips, so you can imagine my hatred for 5 months worth of packing. I am more of a "throw stuff in a suitcase and hope you have the right stuff and enough stuff and then get mad when you forget stuff" kind of person. Chris is a make a list of the things you need, then make a list of how many of those things you need, then make a list of the things you have packed, then make a list of the things you need, and then finally make a master list of all of the above. It's very time consuming but at least we shouldn't forget things. As long as we get through Chris saying "you are only allowed 4 shorts" and then me saying "how about *cough cough* 7 shorts?" we should make it out with both of us alive.

Yes, I am procrastinating right now, at midnight, from packing, while Chris continues to pack around me. He loves to pack and is enjoying the challenge. Hopefully by tomorrow night we will have 5 checked suitcases and 4 carry's on's packed and we won't have to pull an all niter. We know that 4:30am on Friday morning will come quickly!!  Oh boy..... less then 48 hours and we will officially be living in the DR! So send your packing wishes our way and think positive packing thoughts, because we need it.

Side note: Abriel crawled today, officially, not just a face drag (she is 6 months and 3 days old). She is sooo happy and lovin' the freedom. I am afraid of her need for independence so soon in life but I am so proud of her tenacity and determination.

Extra side note: My friends rock! We do a monthly girls night and tonight was my last one for the next 5 months. They were so thoughtful and each wrote me a letter to read while I am away for encouragement and support. I am looking forward to reading them and showing restraint by waiting to read them. Thank you Kelly, Mellisa, Vicky, Nadia, Sarah, Steph and Mel (the queen of Stir fry). I love you girls :)

well, peace out.... must get back to packing.... boooooo!!!

No comments: