Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 "limitless"

 I googled the top 10 New Years resolutions people make:

1. Spend more time with friends and family
2. Spend more time on fitness
3. Battle the bulge (loose weight)
4. Quit smoking
5. Enjoy life more
6. Quit drinking
7. Get out of debt
8. Learn something new
9. Help others
10. Get organized

Sounds good to me but we all know that by Feb 1st we settle back into our ways and routines. At least we conquered in January!  I know I am being kind of mean but in soooo many cases it's true. 

A new year gets me so excited because the possibilities are "limitless" on what you can be, do, or accomplish. It also makes me think of all the time I wasted in the previous year, and all the things I didn't do..... Then I try to justify by saying " I CAN DO IT THIS YEAR"!!!

I did some more googling and I found the top 10 ways to keep your New Years resolutions:

1.   Be realist
  1. Plan ahead
  2. Outline your plan
  3. Make a pro and con list
  4. Talk about it
  5. Reward yourself
  6. Track your process
  7. Don’t beat yourself up
  8. Stick to it
  9. Keep trying


Just to keep everyone in the loop here are some of our goals for 2012;
1.   Get involved in our community more
2.   Save money for an emergency fund
3.   Make another baby
4.   Spend a whole lot of time with friends and family
5.   Be more giving
6.   Teach Abriel a ton of new things

Let’s not limit what this year can be and just go for it! If you complained about not being satisfied last year then change something.  Don't hold yourself back because of fear.  What do you have to lose (except another crappy year).  Chances are if you make changes and did the things you love and got rid of the things you don't the year probably won't be crappy.  DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! I am chanting for you!


Shout outs to the lady we met on the beach today from Manitoba Canada who looked at us and said "I have read about you on your website (blog). Made us feel famous. haha



Abriel has started walking at 10 month old.


No comments: