Saturday, January 28, 2012

Excited for help!

I knew having a baby would completely change our lives and things as I had known them would be different.  I knew most of my free time would now be occupied with baby things and my daughter's well being.  When we had made the choice to have a baby going away to another country before she turned a year old was not exactly in the picture.  We had thought of the idea and threw it around but it was only a thought. Chris and I are very independent people; we don't tend to ask for help a lot.  Even when Abriel was first born I think it was shocking and even a little annoying that we didn't reach out more to our family for help.

Coming down to the Dominican with our six month old and with both of us being able to watch her didn't seem to hard but I am pretty sure Abriel is not a normal baby. I say that with a proud mom voice!  She has this look that sometimes actually scares me and makes me wonder if she is smarter than me.

(haha)

There is a lot of work to do around here (in the Dominican) and not a lot of people to do it which means there are not a lot of people free to watch Abriel.  Correction, there are lots of people free to watch a baby but I don't trust them to do so.  Especially with a baby like Abriel. If you look away for two seconds she will be standing on the dinning room table (that actually happened).

I say all this to say that Chris and I in the last five months, other than when she is sleeping, have had about two hours of time away from Abriel together and we are looking forward to the 600 babysitters we have at home.  You all know who you are so get READY!!



No comments: